Well, I knew I was back home when I woke up to this:
Luckily, I also had these pups to remind me of the good aspects of Tennessee life.
I woke up with a bare kitchen, and threw together a yummy breakfast with the last of my supplies! It was a Kashi waffle kind of morning.
“Sauce” was Almond Butter mixed with Natural Peach Jam
Also had an actual peach to go with the peach sauce. Ok, so it was a peachy sort of morning as well.
It was then definitely time for Earth Fare! It was good to be back in MY yummy food mart. Loved the Floridian ones, but I do love me some Earth Feezy quite a bit.
Pretty soon I had a buggy full-o-fun:
Finished up at Earth Fare, and then headed home with the loot:
I’ve gotten several questions about my grocery bill. Here is some advice:
- Think about staples….it is so fun and tempting to go and buy all “fun” food and snacks, but buying alot of meal creations will make your money stretch that much more
- Buy produce elsewhere! Rarely do I ever get produce from Earth Fare…it is way too expensive. In this case, I went right next door to Kroger for the veggies/fruit
- Make. A. List. Going into a store like this with no list is like setting a 10 yr old free in Toys-R-Us on a sugar rush. Not a good idea. Stick with what you need
- Buy big! Get items that will last several uses or make several meals/snacks
- Have fun! Grocery shopping should not be a chore, it should be FUN! I swear I have the time of my life in these places. Try something new!
- Coupon Hunt! Earth Fare always has a large selection of coupon books up front to loot through, and save money. For example…I got $1.00 off of EACH of my Almond Milks, making them around .98 cents each! Score!
My total for today (both stores combined): $76.49
This may seem steep, but it will make at least 20+ meals.
Speaking of meals, it was time for lunch!
Veggie Indian stew topped with crushed red pepper, and a new ingredient I was excited to try:
Yay for yeast! haha I had seen this used on several of my favorite bloggies, but when Fitnessista said it tasted like cheese…I was sold. Also toasted up a Whole Wheat Pita Pocket for dippage:
Plus a jealous on-looker:
Dessert was simple and tasty. Pear drenched in cinnamon:
And since I started with some doggie cuteness….gotta end with some.
Do you see the distractions I must live with?!?!?! ;-)