It’s Monday, Monday. 😉
I hope everyone is off to a swimming start this Monday morning! This started me off on the right track:
Hot Chocolate Oats!
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1 Cup Chocolate Almond Milk
- 1 TBSP Cocoa Powder
- 1.5 TBSP Chia Seeds
Nuked that bad boy for 2.5 minutes, and then topped with a sliced nana…some dried fruit (powerberry blend):
It was a chocolate dream come true!
Perfect jump start!
Also, look who has taken over the living room:
It was most certainly a rarity to fit them all in one photo. I swear, the life of a dog is like my dream come true. They eat, sleep, and repeat.
It was then off to the YMCA for Express Sculpt which I think is also building a nice little following, which is always nice! The more the merrier! It is tough fitting all muscle groups into a 30 minute session…today went something along these lines:
- Squats with heavy bar on shoulders. Various counts. Lots of low pulses and holds
- Chest Press with squat weight on the bar. Various counts. Lots of “up 6, down 2” and vice versa.
- Lateral lying leg raises (classic Jane Fonda style)
- And yep, I was wearing a similar outfit.
- Walking Lunges with bar held on shoulders -or- in Overhead Press Position
- No weight, shoulder “circles” with fists in ball. Arms are held out to the side, with small circles. We did 100, then reversed for 100, then reversed for 100 more. O-U-C-H.
It was niiiiiiice and sweaty. Just the way we like it!
Headed home for some lunch inspiration and of course, found some fruit and carbs. 😉
I wanted a classic fruit and cereal bowl…but I was out of Greek Yogurt (that has to be fixed, asap). Instead, I took some fat free cottage cheese, Polaner Strawberry Jam, and Almond Butter…and made the “sauce”
Have I mentioned how much I love, love, loooove my little personal blender??? It’s perfect for single serving things like this. It also makes a mean Green Monster, and Protein Drinks/Smoothies! Blended the sauce, then added the kiwi and nectarine:
Next, the cereal…and mixed the madness together!
Again, it is meals like these that make me convinced that I am:
A) Obsessed with carbs/fruit/sugar
B) Happy. 😉
I am bringing a bag of broccoli the size of Rhode Island to snack on later….so I can still get my veggie on. Plus, I think there may be a veggie pizza in my immediate future tonight….hmmmmm…
Well…one class down, and two to go. Gotta jet off to do some High Schooler fitness (hmmmm, I think I will make them sprint today muhahahahaha) and then teach spin @ 5:30! Love me some Monday night spinnage! (not to be confused with spinach…hardy har har.)