Love me some Saturday’s. Taught Weekend Warrior and Spin…now I am working, so I guess it is technically “three-a-day’s”??? Who knows. Woke up with oatmeal on the brain. Anyone shocked?!?!
It was the standard, with a fun new variation:
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1 Cup Skim Milk
- 2 TBSP Flax Seed
- 1 TBSP Natural Peach Jam
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1 “Melted” banana. That’s right, melted!
I don’t remember what blog I saw this on (sorry!) but I nuked a chopped banana for two minutes, and was left with that yummy mixture. It gives the banana a whole new and sweeter flavor. Considering I am giving up artificial sweetners for Lent, I needed some added sweet!
It was seriously some drool-worthy oat goodness.
Inhaled this banana-berry-jam-oat-love, and headed out the door to go teach Weekend Warrior.
Weekend Warrior is an anything goes weight class. I teach it almost identical to my Total Body H.I.I.T (High Intensity Interval Training) class. Today’s line-up consisted of:
- Warm-Up with Gliders
- Chest Press On Bench with Bar, Chest “Push” from Up-Dog position with Gliders
- Walking Lunges/Lunge With Gliders
- Deadlift with bar, Row added
- Squats with bar, pulsed low and walked on and off the step
- Side Squats/10 Jumping Jacks/Side Squats/10 Push Ups (repeat set)
- Bicep Work with Bar (Various Counts…Up 2 Down 6 was particularly groan-esque
- Calf Raises (Three ways), Leg Raises/Circles with weight on thigh
- Suicides with added squat jumps
- Tricep Skullcrushers on bench with dumb bell, various counts
- Overhead Press with Squat, Lateral Raises (Uni/Bi-Lateral)
- Side Squats with Gliders/Mtn. Climbers with Gliders
- Abs (V-Sit-Extend/Reach), Sit-Up with Reverse Crunch
- Cool Down
Nothing like a good weight class to get the sweat pouring! I was drenched!
After W.W., I munched on this bad boy to get me through Spin:
Love the mini’s!
Had an awesome and full Spin class this morning! They rocked it out! By the time it was over I was exhauuuusted. I have to work at the front desk of the YMCA immediately after my classes on Saturday. I did have time to run to Panizzle to pick up lunch!
I went against my somewhat normal grain, and got the Half Veggie Sammie (Wheat Bread instead of tomato…no feta, add motz!), and the Half Apple Chicken Salad (sans the chicken. 🙂 )
Dessert was obvious! I needed some pro-biotic chocolate:
Remember! If you want a free 14-day supply of Attune Chocolate…make sure to comment on this post (Yesterday’s), and tell me why! I will close voting on Sunday and use a random number generator to pick a winner! Make sure to include an email address!!!
High ho…high ho…it’s off to work I go. MELLOW MUSHROOM TONIGHT!!!!!! So stoked beyond belief. We just got our Mellow Mushroom this week, and I have heard amazing things about it. Anyone have good suggestions for dinner options there?!?! The menu makes my mouth extremely jealous.