Spin was A-W-E-S-O-M-E tonight. Bikes were full within *3* minutes of sign up, and everyone gave 110%. I love nights like those from an instructor standpoint because it makes it so much easier to be enthused and energetic when I have an entire class of people really pushing themselves. Great, great class. Here was the playlist:
- Replay-IYAZ warm up
- Can’t Get Over-September lifts with added resistance throughout
- Crush Crush Crush - Paramore seated/running sprints
- Monster – Lady GaGa seated climb with jogs
- Fame – Lady GaGa lifts with added resistance throughout
- Telephone – Lady GaGa hover slides
- Why You Had To Leave - Cascada seated climb with jogs
- Misery Business - Paramore seated sprint combos
- I Will Love Again – Lara Fabian lifts with heavy resistance
- Break Apart Her Heart – Good Charlotte climb/surge with speed intervals
- Deborah Cox – Absolutely Not lifts with added resistance
- I Can’t Stand It - Cascada seated/running sprints
- Heat Me Up – Allison Iraheta lifts
- Paparazzi – Lady GaGa seated climb with speed intervals
- Bad Romance – Lady GaGa lifts/seat with added resistance throughout
- Didn’t Know My Own Strength – Whitney Houston cooldown
- I Look To You – Whitney Houston cooldown
With the 5:30 spin class, and then talking to everyone afterwards, it always tends to make for a late dinner. I went to Ingles for some inspiration and ended up with:
Brussel Sprouts, Boca Crumbles, and a Sweet Potato.
I washed and peeled the sprouts and spud, and laid them out on a baking sheet. Oil, salt, pepper…
I used Ina Garten’s roasted brussel sprouts recipe, cannot go wrong with Ina.
Both the veggies cooked at 400* for 40 minutes. Turning them every 5 minutes.
The Boca crumbles got browned, with a TBSP of tomato paste…
And some reduced sugar ketchup. Grabbed a whole wheat pita, and stuffed when cooked through.
Grabbed the veggies out of the oven:
And ate in 4 seconds flat savored every bite. Dessert was a must and included thawed frozen strawberries, and one of best friends:
He and I go WAY back. ;-)
dreamy. The dogs most certainly got none of that, however the evening did seem to tire Oli out considerably:
I am pretty sure that she sleeps at least 21 hours of the day. The other 3 hours are dedicated to driving me insane with a multitude of chewed up toys, and bathroom breaks where she most often just ended up chasing invisible animals around. (I swear she has mental issues.) Love her though!
Hope everyone had a fun and productive Monday….bring it, Tuesday.